What is ISO 27001 Certification?
International standards for Information Security Management Systems. This standard is widely used to conduct information security governance in organizations. This standard provides a framework for the neutrality of technology use and the management of recordings that enable an organization to ensure that information security measures are effective. This includes the ability to access data sustainably, the confidentiality and integrity of the information owned and the needs of interested parties, as well as the legal suitability.
Users of ISO 27001?
Implementation of ISO 27001 can be used in response to legal requirements to address security threats such as:
• Destruction / terrorism
• Error of use
• Attacks caused by viruses
Why ISO 27001 Important For The Company?
• ISO 27001 is structured to be easy to complement, develop and integrate with other management system standards.
• ISO 27001 is a balanced application of information forms, such as notes, drawings, and conversations presented in paper.
• ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System-ISMS) provides an overview of what an organization should do in an effort to implement information security concepts within the organization.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
• Ensure that organizations have adequate control over information security
• Demonstrate good governance in handling and securing information
• A mechanism for measuring the success or failure of security controls
• An independent review of ISMS (Information Security Management System)
• Image organization gets better because certification is issued by formal certification body
• Helping organizations to comply with information security standards that have been tested
• Assist the organization in carrying out continuous improvements in information security management
• Minimize risk through a standard risk assessment process so that operational costs are lower.
• Improve the effectiveness and reliability of information security.
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and legislation related to information security.
Implementation of ISO 27001
In general there are 11 aspects / control, which must exist in an effort to implement the concept of information security. The 11 controls are:
• Security policy.
• Organization of information security.
• Asset management.
• Human resources security.
• Physical and environmental security.
• Communications and operations management.
• Access control.
• Information system acquisition, development, and maintenance.
• Information security incident management.
• Business continuity management.