What is HACCP?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) is an internationally known structured method of operation that can assist organizations in the food and beverage industry to identify food safety risks, prevent hazards in food safety, and convey legal compliance. HACCP is a must in several countries, including the United States and the European Union. The HACCP principles and guidelines for their application have been adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. The HACCP system is knowledge-based and identifies specific hazards and controls specifically to ensure food safety.
Who can use HACCP?
HACCP is used throughout the stages of the food production and preparation process. All organizations that play an important role in the food supply chain can apply HACCP principles regardless of geographic size and location. Why is HACCP important for your company? A structured approach to food safety uses HACCP as a management tool that helps companies and organizations demonstrate food safety commitments to all stakeholders and shows that all requirements have been met. HACCP is designed to deliver:
• Commitment; Taking an official approach to ensuring food safety helps you demonstrate commitment to stakeholders through fulfilling legislative requirements (law)
• Trust; Customers and stakeholders will see that you are taking a serious and well-regulated approach to food safety.
• competitive benefits; HACCP is a diversion and can help you become one of the preferred suppliers.
• Improve efficiency; HACCP system services are provided to complement the ISO 9000 approval, which saves time and cost.
The benefits of HACCP
Our HACCP services convey the HACCP principles developed by Codex Alimentarius (World Health Organization) to ensure effective legal compliance and food safety systems.
• Our understanding of the complexity of HACCP enables us to deliver real benefits to our clients through a structured management system approach.
• We know that good communication is essential in delivering transparency through all the stages of the HACCP process. We work with clients and government organizations to set clear expectations for all relevant parts.
• Our gradual approach ensures that your certification process is cost-effective with minimal disruption and is done within a strict time frame.
HACCP services include:
• Certification & Assessment of HACCP helps you demonstrate food safety commitments through the identification of key hazards and key risks that are constantly monitored so that risks are reduced to levels that are still bias acceptable. SQA will describe and validate the performance parameters necessary to ensure the effectiveness of the controller.
• Assessment, for those who do not require certification, we offer a HACCP assessment of your system and ensure that your food safety program remains effective.
• Implementation, verification and improvement through structured auditing and reporting to ensure that you are confident in the legal suitability of your food safety system.