What is ISO 22000:2018 Certification?
Food Safety Management System using the system management approach and HACCP requirements of Codex Alimentarius
The goal is to provide an internationally recognized standard for food safety management systems that can be applied in food products
ISO 22000 underscores the requirements for food safety management systems including interactive communication, system management, and pre-requisite programs.
Who is the ISO 22000 for?
ISO 22000 has been designed for its deployment across organizations regardless of size, sector, and geographic location. Can be applied to the entire food supply chain, ranging from farmers, producers, processors, packers, to transportation and sales. This standard is also used by suppliers of non-food products and services such as cleaning and equipment manufacture.
ISO 22000 is applicable to all organizations in the food and feed industries, regardless of size or sector. Following the same
High-Level Structure (HLS) as other ISO management system
standards, such as ISO 9001 (quality management), it is designed
in a way that it can be integrated into an organization’s existing
management processes but can also be used alone.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification (FSMS)
SQA Certification helps develop ISO 22000 and our understanding of this standard enables us to deliver tangible benefits to the organization. The benefits of implementing ISO 22000 are:
• Continuous improvement - improving food security processes and communications throughout the supply chain.
• Enhance stakeholders' trust - demonstrates the organization's commitment to regulating food safety hazards and risks.
• Increased transparency - across the complex food supply chain.
• Time and cost efficiency - eliminating the need for multiple food safety standards.
• Opportunities for new businesses - improving the ability of organizations to cooperate with other organizations implementing ISO 22000 as a necessity in terms of contracts of cooperation.
Implementation of ISO 22000
Steps in the implementation of ISO:
• Establishment of FSMS Team and Management Team. The team will design and develop FSMS and play an active role in sustainable management systems.
• Evaluate existing processes and requirements as needed.
• Creation and Documentation New or modified processes
• Training all employees involved in the process to carry out the process
• Implementation of internal audits and management review meetings.
• Ensure that all employees have attended the ISO 22000 training
• Conduct a certification audit.
ISO 22000 Elements
ISO 22000 establishes a food safety management system requirement that combines the following key elements to ensure their effectiveness:
• Interactive communication
• System management
• Basic requirements program (PPD) / Prerequisite Program
• The HACCP Principle